Leviathan 2018 Poi Retreat is booked!
Poi spinning at the most beautiful dance studio ever.
Join Nick Woolsey and special guests on a beautiful rainforest island for ten days of poi, flow arts, and adventures! Your experience will include:
- Diving into advanced poi and flow arts, including dance, rhythm, choreography, and lots of moves!
- Endless time to practice and play on the huge, sprung dance floor
- Enjoying the BIG SAUNA
- Being blown away by the beauty of Lasqueti Island
- Feeling good by eating yummy organic food
- Optional climbing of mountains and spinning fire on top of them
- Co-produced talent show!
Why? To enjoy developing your flow skills, with some of the greatest people you will ever meet!
Where? At possibly the most beautiful dance studio, ever: Leviathan Studio on Lasqueti Island!
Prerequisites: For this retreat you need to be comfortable with all the poi basics.
Lodging: Leviathan is RUSTIC. There are no private rooms for accommodation. Most people will bring tents and sleeping bags. There is a room above the sauna with a few mattresses, and floor space in the studio for those who cannot bring tents. There are also a couple great spots for hammocks.
Please note the following:
- There are no flush-toilets, just nice outhouses.
- There is a rustic, outdoor shower.
- The ferry to Lasqueti is for foot-passengers only. If you drive, you will have to leave your car at the French Creek parking lot.
- We will pick you up at the ferry terminal on Lasqueti Island.
- All the electricity is from solar panels. So charging phones is ok, but no hair-dryers etc.
- There is a bar/restaurant with internet in the evenings, a 20-minute walk away.
- Lasqueti is remote, off-grid, and a long way to the hospital
- Leviathan Studio requires that you sign a disclaimer form and present photo-ID upon arrival.
- Leviathan Studio puts a lot of love into the food. Organic meat is served at most meals (fish, chicken, and lamb). Vegan is an option.
- Yes, bring other toys! (fire-gear, hoops, levi-wands, juggling balls, slack-lines, etc.).
- Bring rain gear in case we get rain, swim suits, hiking boots, bug spray, and anything else that may help you enjoy ten days in a temperate coastal rain-forest paradise. 🙂
Getting There: Lasqueti Island is 5-8 hours travel from Vancouver, including two beautiful ferry rides (cost is about $38CAD). Make sure to visit the HOW TO GET TO LEVIATHAN page!
EARLY BIRD PRICE is 990CAD +5% tax (total about 800USD) if you register before March 30, 2018. Then 1100CAD + tax.
There is a $400CAD deposit via Eventbrite, and the balance due by the first day of the event)
Here’s the FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE for inviting your friends! 🙂