Leviathan 2018 Poi Retreat is booked!
Poi spinning at the most beautiful dance studio ever.
Join Nick Woolsey and special guests on a beautiful rainforest island for ten days of poi, flow arts, and adventures! Your experience will include:
- Diving into advanced poi and flow arts, including dance, rhythm, choreography, and lots of moves!
- Endless time to practice and play on the huge, sprung dance floor
- Enjoying the BIG SAUNA
- Being blown away by the beauty of Lasqueti Island
- Feeling good by eating yummy organic food
- Optional climbing of mountains and spinning fire on top of them
- Co-produced talent show!
Why? To enjoy developing your flow skills, with some of the greatest people you will ever meet!
Where? At possibly the most beautiful dance studio, ever: Leviathan Studio on Lasqueti Island!
Prerequisites: For this retreat you need to be comfortable with all the poi basics.
Lodging: Leviathan is RUSTIC. There are no private rooms for accommodation. Most people will bring tents and sleeping bags. There is a room above the sauna with a few mattresses, and floor space in the studio for those who cannot bring tents. There are also a couple great spots for hammocks.
Food: Leviathan puts a lot of love into the food. Vegan and vegetarian dishes are served alongside organic meat (wild salmon, chicken raised on the property, and wild lamb or venison). All the food is cooked on a wood-stove! The kale is straight out of the garden! 🙂
Please note the following:
- There are no flush-toilets, just nice outhouses.
- There is a rustic, outdoor shower.
- The ferry to Lasqueti is for foot-passengers only. If you drive, you will have to leave your car at the French Creek parking lot.
- We will pick you up at the ferry terminal on Lasqueti Island.
- All the electricity is from solar panels. So charging phones is ok, but no hair-dryers.
- There is a bar/restaurant with internet, a 20-minute walk away.
- Lasqueti is remote, off-grid, and a long way to the hospital.
- Leviathan Studio requires that you sign a disclaimer upon arrival.
- Yes, bring other toys! (fire-gear, hoops, levi-wands, juggling balls, slack-lines, etc.).
- Bring swim suits, hiking boots, bug spray, rain gear just in case it rains, and anything else that may help you enjoy ten days in a temperate coastal rain-forest paradise. 🙂
Who is this for, and not for? This is for those who love camping and adventure, and who are excited by the idea conditions flirting with primitive (but with amazing food and a sprung dance floor)! If you need a plush bed and hot water on demand, consider Poi Camp at Wild Sun in Costa Rica. It’s an equally awesome event and includes optional full-featured luxury rooms! 🙂
Getting There: Lasqueti Island is 5-8 hours travel from Vancouver, including two beautiful ferry rides (cost is about $38CAD). Make sure to visit the HOW TO GET TO LEVIATHAN page!
Summary: It’s not just a poi training camp, it’s an adventure of a lifetime!
EARLY BIRD PRICE is 990CAD +5% tax (about $800USD) until before March 30, 2018. Then $1100CAD + tax.
There is a $400CAD deposit via Eventbrite, and the balance due by the first day of the event)
Here’s the FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE for inviting your friends! 🙂