If you are in North America, come play at CampFire festival in Minnesota. It's one of the few festivals I've decided to teach at this year. It was one of my favorite memories from last year, and looks like it will be even more epic this year! There are still some tickets left, so it's not too late.
Here are some of the highlights that I think make it extra awesome:
- Huge selection of classes, more variety than a normal fire retreat, including a full Aerial track. Over 130 workshops.
- Fire dancing zone with aerial rigs in a special section so aerialists can perform at night with the fire dancers. Dedicated aerial rig for fire play.
- Separate night time glow play/dance area that is covered in black light. Sacred Geometry projections on the tree canopy up above.
- Playatta will be projecting the event as it unfolds through gathered footage through out the day. They will have a video booth in the glow area for spinning and creating visual trails on a projection of the live feed of the person in the video booth. Plus, they have a self triggered photo booth to capture fire images on the field.
- Roy 2000 will be filming the event! Check out his time-laps documentary, the Fertile Desert.
- Cuddle Dome right next to the Healing Area with massage tables! That's right there are massage therapists and an awesome communal chill dome.
- Rides offered to people flying into Camp Fire. Also, there is a Ride Share board available on Facebook to help coordinate rides to and from Camp Fire.
Here is what the organizers have to say:
Camp Fire is a conscious Midwest-grown performance arts retreat weekend with over 100+ class on object manipulation (poi, staff, hoop, fans, juggling, etc), fire dancing & safety, aerial, dance, acrobatics, yoga and other performance inspired art forms. June 15-18, 2012 at Harmony Park in Clarks Grove, MN